Friday, October 17, 2014

First Thunderstorm

Today was another hot day in Malawi. You know it is hot season when you are sweating at 5:30am. It just never seemed to cool off last night.

Then around dusk I started to hear a low rumble, which started to get louder. I went outside to look and caught a view of lightning. I tried to count the seconds between, but the thunder rumbling just seemed to go on and on, with multiple flashes of light during the thunder.

Then the rain started. A few drops at first, then a good shower, and then it was absolutely pouring. The pounding on my tin roof was incredibly loud. And just when I thought it couldn't get any louder, the rain got more intense and the noise increased.

After about half an hour the rain has stopped. The only sounds are low rumbles of thunder in the distance and the wind blowing. Looking out the window, I can see flashes of light in the dark sky.

And that was my first thunderstorm here.


No comments:

Post a Comment