Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Halloween lecture!

I taught about Halloween to all my classes this week, fulfilling Goal 2 of PC: "To help promote a better understanding of Americans on the part of the peoples served". 

Here's my set-up:

My health message (we're required to have a "health message" for every class):
It says:
"When witches are riding their brooms,
And black cats are seen roaming,
And jack-o-lanterns are shining,
The moon is laughing and howling,
It's Halloween!"

I started the lesson by having the kids find a spider i hid in the classroom. The first one to find it got a felt jack-o-lantern sticker as a prize (stickers are a rare find here).

Then i described the monster i drew below and the student who i thought drew their's the closest to mine got candy. They were very confused by the idea of it having 2 heads and tentacles for ears. ;op

Then i uncovered my poster and my partner and i briefly explained the history and American traditions of Halloween.

For the last activity i had them make Halloween masks. I made the ones below for examples if they wanted to use them (which most of them did).

It was a lot of fun and the kids really loved it! YAY! SUCCES! :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment