Thursday, July 14, 2016

Hedgehog Sighting

I saw my first Malawian hedgehog today! Actually, it might be the first hedgehog I've seen in the wild anywhere, come to think of it.


I was chatting with one of the teachers in front of the Staffroom when this little guy ambles by. So of course I had to take a picture. The teachers and students thought it was funny that I was so interested in it. They picked it up to show me it was safe to touch it, but then it curled into a little protective ball. I touched its quills. They were thick and sharp, but didn't hurt since I just touched them gently.

One of the students pretended like he was going to step on it, so I told them if anyone hurt it, I would fail them! I was only joking... maybe. But luckily they let it alone and it walked away unharmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment