To celebrate, we have decided to offer up a challenge to all of you! During the month of June, we want each of you to live like a PCV for a day. Choose one activity from the list below, and do it for one day. Then let us know (with a comment to this post or an email) about how it went for you.
Live like a PCV for one day during the month of June! Pick one of these activities to do for one day:
- Take a bucket bath using water that was heated on the stove
- Treat your drinking water - boil & filter all water before you drink it or brush your teeth with it
- Use only candles or flashlights after dark
- Only use water from your outdoor tap for one day
- Wash all your laundry by hand and dry on a clothesline
- Pee in a bucket after dark
- Go without electricity
- Go without refrigeration
- Take only public transport and sit next to a stranger
- Walk to an outdoor market and buy all the vegetables and grains you will eat that day
During your day, why not greet someone in one of our local languages?
- In Chichewa, you can say "Muli bwanji?" (how are you?). The typical response is "Ndili bwino" (I'm fine)
- In Romananian, you can say "Bună ziua" (boona zeewa) which means "Good day".