Monday, February 2, 2015

Happy Groundhog Day

February 2nd is Groundhog Day in the USA, but it's just another day here in Malawi. We don't actually have any groundhogs here anyway. And it's not even winter either.

Malawi has only three seasons-- Hot Season, Cold Season and Rainy Season. As it is Rainy Season now, the weather is humid and sunny, alternating with cloudy and rainy. Everyday. Often several times in the same day. Which makes doing laundry pretty difficult. So everywhere I go, I bring my umbrella and my sunglasses.

To borrow from a popular saying-- if you don't like the weather during Rainy Season, just wait an hour.

So how many more weeks of a Rainy Season? Let's ask this little guy, that showed up outside my fence this morning:

Sir Crab says, "Kwambiri". There you have it, folks. Many more weeks of rain. Let the good maize grow!



No comments:

Post a Comment